This lesson takes you through the process of signing up for your own free Salesforce account. You will use this new, free account to work through the various exercises in this course. You can also keep this account for life and build additional solutions in the cloud, as you see fit.
To get this most out of this course, I recommend that you sign up for your own Free Salesforce Account. This isn't a trial account, but an Enterprise level, 2-user license Salesforce account that you can keep for life. Salesforce makes these accounts available to prospective Developers, Administrators, etc. so that you have an org of your own to learn on.
To sign up for a free Salesforce account:
1. Go to https://developer.salesforce.com/signup
2. Fill out your personal information in the form.
3. Select the Role of Administrator or Developer. This selection doesn't appear to matter as far as what type of Salesforce account that you end up with. I believe Salesforce simply uses this designation to know more about you and what you are interested in, so they can send you follow up information, marketing, etc.
4. Enter your name in the Company name, or the company that you work for.
5. Enter a valid email address for yourself. I recommend that you use a personal email address and not a work email address.
6. Enter your desired username in the Username field. NOTE: The username needs to be in the form of an email address. I recommend that you user your own personal email address for your username, unless you already have a Salesforce account using your email address. You can put anything in the username field, but it at least has to contain an @ sign to appear like an email address.
7. Click Sign Up.
8. Check your email for a new account confirmation email. You will need to click through the link in the email from Salesforce to access your account and set your password.
9. Click Verify Account. You will then be logged into Salesforce and will next need to set your password.
10. Enter your New Password and Confirm New Password and then provide a Security Question Answer.
11. Click Change Password.