In this lesson, we create a new user account.
To create a user account for our fictional co-worker, John Doe:
1. Click Setup to display the Setup menu.
2. Search for Users in the Setup search field on the left.
3. Locate and click on the Users link located under the Manage Users section of the Setup menu. The Users screen displays.
4. Click New User. The New User screen displays.
5. Enter John in the First Name field.
6. Enter Doe in the Last Name field.
7. Enter jdoe in the Alias field.
8. Enter your email address in the Email field. You will be able to receive email notifications for your fictional Jim Doe user if you enter an email address which you control and have access to.
9. Enter a username of your own choosing for your Jim Doe user. The username needs to be in the form of an email address, but does not have to be a valid email address.
10. Enter a Nickname of John.
11. Select Director of Channel Sales from the Role dropdown.
12. Select Salesforce from the User License field.
13. Select Custom: Sales Profile from the Profile field.
14. Check the Active checkbox.
15. Check the Marketing User checkbox.
16. Select the Time Zone that you are in, located under the Locale Settings section of the New User screen.
17. Select your desired Locale and Language from the dropdown fields.
18. Check the Generate new password and notify new user immediately checkbox.
19. Click Save.