In this lesson, we start out in Salesforce Classic, because Home Page Layouts are not available to customize via the Setup Menu in Lightning Experience.
To customize a Home Page Layout in Salesforce Classic:
1. Go to Setup > Customize > Home > Home Page Layouts.
2. Click the New button.
3. Select a layout to base the new layout from.
4. Enter a Name for the new layout.
5. Select the Components that you would like to include on the Home Page Layout.
6. Click Next to select the order you would like the components to appear on the page. You are able to move components up and down on the page, but are not able to move components from one column to the other.
7. Click Save & Assign to assign the new layout to the desired User profiles.
8. Click Save.
Customize a Home Page Layout - Knowledge Article 000325725 - https://help.salesforce.com/articleView?id=000325725&type=1&mode=1